"Oncoplastics, How I Do It Now!" Videos
The submission portal is closed. All decision letters will be emailed.
A new video project of The American Society of Breast Surgeons (ASBrS) the “Oncoplastics, How I Do It Now!” video project. We would like to welcome graduates of the Society’s Beginner and Intermediate Oncoplastic Surgery Courses from 2015-2018. The goal of this new video program is to give recent oncoplastic surgery course graduates the opportunity to demonstrate new oncoplastic surgery procedures that they have learned and integrated into practices.
The “Oncoplastics, How I Do It Now!” video session is being conducted in addition to the annual “How I Do It” video session, which each year has featured novel procedures, tips or tricks for standard procedure, or new approaches to clinical problems. Selected “Oncoplastics, How I Do It Now!” videos will be presented at the 2019 Annual Meeting during a special video session and might also be selected for inclusion in the ASBrS Online Video Library. Videos will be peer-reviewed by the Society’s Oncoplastic Surgery Working Group.
Please email any questions regarding the submission process to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-992-5470 (M-F 8:30 am– 5:00 pm ET).
Requirements for Video Submission
- To coordinate your submission contact Paul Bunn at email@example.com . Videos must be submitted no later than 3:00 pm ET on January 15, 2019
- Must have attended an ASBrS Beginner or Intermediate Oncoplastic Surgery Courses from 2015-2018.
- If needed, video recording equipment may be provided to you on loan by the ASBrS for recording of videos.
- Videos should be 5-6 minutes in length.
- Standard video file formats must be used, for example, MP4 file with the largest frame size (usually 1920x1080)
- Recommended file size is 300-600 MB. Upload speed will depend on the speed of your network.
- Videos should be high-quality and professionally edited.
- Professional video editing support and loaner, head-mounted video cameras are available to members to facilitate video production.
- Videos should include narration in English for the review process.
- Viewers should be oriented to the anatomy in the video.
- No music should be included in the video.
- Do not use copyrighted images.
- Vendor branding should be minimized wherever possible. Use generic names instead of brand names in your narration.
- Video consent forms will be required from surgeons and patients featured in each video.
- Include a slide with your disclosure statement at the beginning of your presentation.
- Inclusion of a PowerPoint slide at the beginning and/or the end of your video that outlines the procedure, indication for the procedure, and goals of the video is encouraged.
- The designated presenter of a video selected for presentation at the Annual Meeting must register for the ASBrS Annual Meeting and be in attendance for presentation and discussion.
Note: Video submissions are not eligible for awards.
CME Clinical Content Validation
The American Society of Breast Surgeons is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Before you submit your video, please keep in mind ACCME's Policy on Content Validation: All the recommendations involving clinical medicine in a CME activity must be based on evidence that is accepted within the profession of medicine as adequate justification for their indications and contraindications in the care of patients. All scientific research referred to, reported, or used in CME in support or justification of a patient care recommendation must conform to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection and analysis.