Frequently Asked Questions
When and where is The American Society of Breast Surgeons 2017 Annual Meeting?
April 26-30, 2017
Bellagio, Las Vegas, Nevada
How do I access the exhibitor prospectus?
How do I register as an exhibitor?
Please click on this link to access the exhibitor application. You may register online. Once you complete the online application process, you will be taken to payment site where you can enter your credit card information. If paying by check, please mail with a copy of your invoice to the address below:
The American Society of Breast Surgeons
10330 Old Columbia Road, Suite 100
Columbia, MD 21046
What is your cancellation policy?
The American Society of Breast Surgeons will retain the following fees from booth deposits if a company cancels or reduces booth space: $100 per booth on or before December 31, 2016; 50% of booth cost on or before January 31, 2017; 100% after January 31, 2017. The retained rental fee shall be liquidated damages for the direct and indirect costs incurred by management for organizing, setting up, and providing space for exhibitor, and losses and additional expenses caused by exhibitor’s withdrawal including reselling the space. Cancellations and reduction of space are required in writing.
When and how is booth space assigned?
Booth space assignment will take place during the week of January 30, 2017. To be included in the initial assignment, you must submit your completed, signed agreement, along with your payment, no later than January 25, 2017. Booth space will be assigned based on earned priority points and proximity to competitors per the exhibitor’s request. Booth applications received after this date will be accepted on a space-available basis.
What are priority points?
Priority points are based on your company’s financial support and donations from May 2000 through December 31, 2016. Additional support of the annual meeting and/or the Society is not a requirement for exhibiting. Points are awarded as follows:
- 1 point for every $1000 received for annual meeting exhibit space
- 1 point for every $1000 received for annual meeting and regional course sponsorship
- 1 point for each machine, piece of equipment, device donated to use in a workshop (not including stereotactic breast biopsy) at annual meeting and regional course
- 5 points for each stereotactic breast biopsy machine donated to use at annual meeting and regional course
- 1 point for each applications technician participating in a pre-meeting workshop
- 1 point for every $1000 given to the society outside of the annual meetings and regional courses.
The earliest dated exhibit application with full payment will have preference if companies have reached equal point totals. Also considered are such factors as preferred placement away from or near another exhibitor. Please note that placement according to such preference is not guaranteed. Priority points expire after two consecutive years of support, donation and/or exhibit inactivity.
What are the available booth sizes and their costs?
10’ x 10’ = $5,000
10’ x 20’ = $10,000
20’ x 20’ = $30,000
20’ x 30’ = $45,000
20’ x 40’ = $60,000
When do I need to pay for my booth?
Payment is due in full at time of registration. We do not accept deposits. You may pay online or by check.
What is included in the purchase price of booth space?
- Complimentary badges for your staff (deadline for complimentary badges is March 29, 2016)
- Complimentary profile of your company and products in the exhibitor directory in the meeting app
- Complimentary online exhibitor listing, with a link to your website, on the exhibitor directory page of the Society website
- Complimentary pre-registration and post-registration mailing lists of meeting attendees (upon approval of your marketing piece) –Log into the Company Ready Room in the Exhibitors online website to upload your brochure for approval
What are the dates and hours for exhibiting?
Please note hours are subject to change. Exhibitors are allowed to enter the Exhibit Hall 1 hour prior to its opening. As a courtesy to attendees and fellow exhibitors, please open your exhibits on time and staff them throughout the meeting until the scheduled closing on Saturday, April 29 at 4:00 pm.
Thursday, April 27: Opening Reception in Exhibit Hall: 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Friday, April 28
Exhibit Hall Hours: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Breaks in Exhibit Hall: 9:00 am – 9:30 am and 3:15 pm – 3:45 pm
Lunch in Exhibit Hall: 11:45 am – 1:00 pm
Exhibitor Forum: 2:30 pm (location TBD)
Saturday, April 29
Exhibit Hall Hours: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Breaks in Exhibit Hall: 9:30 am – 10:00 am and 3:15 pm – 3:45 pm
Lunch in Exhibit Hall: 11:45 pm – 1:30 pm
What are the dates and hours for booth setup and teardown?
Booth Set-Up Hours
Wednesday, April 26: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (full day set up is contingent upon space availability this year)
Thursday, April 27: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
All exhibits must be set-up by Thursday, April 27, at 5:00 pm.
Failure to occupy spaceAny space not occupied by Thursday, April 27, at 4:00 pm will be forfeited by the exhibitor, and this space may be reassigned or used by The American Society of Breast Surgeons without refund, unless arrangements for delayed occupancy has received prior approval by the Society.
Booth Tear Down
Saturday, April 29: 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm, with carrier check in no later than 8:00 pm.
The exhibit hall closes at 4:00 pm. All exhibits must remain in place until the hall officially closes at 4:00 pm, Saturday, April 29. All exhibits must be completely removed from the hall by 10:00 pm with carrier check in no later than 8:00 pm. The Society is not responsible for any material left by the exhibiting company.
How do I get badges for my exhibit staff? Is there a charge?
Complimentary badges will be entered into your company profile in the Exhibitor Ready Room. There is no charge for badge requests made by April 11, 2017. After this date, is a $50 charge for each badge request (new or change to existing badge) and it MUST be handled onsite at the Exhibitor Registration Desk.
Can exhibitors attend the meeting?
Company representatives may not engage in sales activities while in the room where an educational activity takes place. All exhibitors and attendees are invited to attend the Opening Reception on Thursday, April 26, 2017. Exhibitors may purchase registration for their technical/scientific staff for the general session programs on a space available basis. Please contact the Society office for more information.
Exhibitors have access to 2017 educational sessions as follows:
An exhibitor with an official exhibitor badge may sit in on the general session on Thursday afternoon, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, space permitting. However, we ask that exhibitors remain in the rear of the room to ensure that our registrants have priority seating.
Pre-Meeting Courses and Breakfast Workshops
Exhibitors may purchase a registration for non-workshop or non-demonstration pre-meeting courses in which space is available (i.e. Breast Practice Management Survival Kit 101 and Building a Breast Cancer Survivorship Program.)
Exhibitors are prohibited from attending any pre-meeting courses with a workshop or demonstration (i.e., Advanced/Emerging Technology, Advanced Breast Imaging, Stereotactic, and Breast Ultrasound). Exhibitors are also prohibited from attending Sunrise Breakfast Workshops.
How do I order furnishings, electrical, audiovisual, floral arrangements, etc.?
This information is provided in your Freeman service kit.
When, where, and how do I ship my materials?
This information is provided in your Freeman service kit.
Is a mailing list of pre-registered and post-registered attendees available to exhibitors?
All exhibitors will be sent one complimentary list of pre- and post-meeting registrants (Name, City and State only.) Additionally, exhibitors are entitled to receive one complimentary set of pre- and post-meeting registration labels. Before the labels can be sent, exhibitors must read and agree to the mail list policy in the Company Ready Room and upload a copy of the promotional piece to the Society for review and approval.
- Pre-registered attendee label requests: Promotional piecesmust be uploaded by March 30. Lists and Labels will be sent by April 6. (Pre-registered attendee labels will not be available after this date.)
- Post-meeting attendee label requests: Promotional pieces must be received by May 11. Lists and Labels will be sent out by May 20. (Post-meeting attendee labels will not be available after this date.)
How will I receive the mailing list and what does the list consist of?There are 3 options available:
- All exhibitors will receive by email one complimentary list of pre- and post-meeting registrants (name, city, and state only.)
- Printed labels if you are mailing a marketing piece yourself.
- An electronic attendee list sent directly to the mail house or other third party if they are mailing your marketing piece.
*Please note: none of the lists include email addresses.
What marketing and support opportunities are available to me?
- Educational grants
- Single-page insert in official meeting bag (distributed to all attendees) in the Registration Area
- Satellite Symposia
- Full-page advertisement in Final Program
- Single-use mailing labels for the entire membership (available throughout the year)
How do I make hotel reservations?
Housing will open in January 2017. Housing information will be sent to you after your application has been approved by Society Management.
Who do I contact for further assistance?
Manager, Meetings and Development
Create an account to get started.