Annual Meeting Exhibitor Guidelines and Regulations
- Complimentary listing in all meeting publications, including the Final Program and on the Society website with link to company website
- Complimentary upgraded profile of your company and products in the Exhibitor Listing included in meeting app
- Complimentary exhibitor badges for your staff
- The opening reception, lunch and breaks in the exhibit hall (exhibitors are invited to participate in food functions held in the exhibit hall.)
- Complimentary copies of the 18th Annual Meeting Final Program
- Access to the general session (if space allows)
- Complimentary pre-registration and post-registration mailing labels of meeting attendees*
*The Society must receive a copy of your marketing piece for approval before the list can be sent.
Annual Meeting Headquarters HotelBellagio Resort and Spa
3600 Las Vegas Blvd, South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
All meeting space is located on the same level of the hotel. The Exhibit Hall will be in the Tower Ballroom and the General Session will be in the Grand Ballroom.
Acceptance of ExhibitsThe exhibit application is subject to the approval of the management of The American Society of Breast Surgeons. The Society reserves the right to refuse applications for technical exhibits or parts of exhibits not meeting standards required or expected for The American Society of Breast Surgeons 17th Annual Meeting and/or for products or services unrelated to the purpose of The American Society of Breast Surgeons. All booth activities and content must be professional and educational related to the treatment of breast disease. The exhibit hall atmosphere must at all times be congruent with the mission of The American Society of Breast Surgeons.
Exhibit Space AssignmentsExhibit space will be assigned the week of January 30, 2017, using the priority points system. To be included in the initial booth assignment, we must receive your application and full payment no later than January 25, 2017.
Priority PointsPriority points are based on your company’s financial support and donations from May 2000 through December 31, 2016. Additional support of the annual meeting and/or the Society is not a requirement for exhibiting.
Points are awarded as follows:
- 1 point for every $1000 received for annual meeting exhibit space
- 1 point for every $1000 received for annual meeting and regional course sponsorship
- 1 point for each machine, piece of equipment, device donated to use in a workshop (not including stereotactic breast biopsy) at annual meeting and regional course
- 5 points for each stereotactic breast biopsy machine donated to use at annual meeting and regional course
- 1 point for each applications technician participating in a pre-meeting workshop
- 1 point for every $1000 given to the society outside of the annual meetings and regional courses.
The earliest dated exhibit application with full payment will have preference if companies have reached equal point totals. Also considered are such factors as preferred placement away from or near another exhibitor. Please note that placement according to such preference is not guaranteed. Priority points expire after two consecutive years of support, donation and/or exhibit inactivity.
PaymentExhibit Space will be rented at $50.00 per square foot for in-line booths and $75.00 per square foot for island booths. Full payment must accompany the exhibitor application/contract or the application will not be processed.
This agreement shall not be binding unless it is signed by an authorized representative of the applicant’s firm and is accepted by The American Society of Breast Surgeons with the signature of an authorized Society representative.
Exhibit Booth Cancellation PolicyThe American Society of Breast Surgeons will retain the following fees from booth deposits if a company cancels or reduces booth space: $100 per booth on or before December 31, 2016; 50% of booth cost on or before January 31, 2017; 100% after January 31, 2017. The retained rental fee shall be liquidated damages for the direct and indirect costs incurred by management for organizing, setting up, and providing space for exhibitor, and losses and additional expenses caused by exhibitor’s withdrawal including reselling the space. Cancellations and reduction of space are required in writing.
Exhibit Booth Set-up and SpecificationsEach 10x10 booth comes with an 8' high black back drape‚ 36" high black side dividers and a 7" x 44" one-line identification sign. The ceiling height in the Tower Ballroom is 24’ and there are chandeliers that hang lower. Booth height will be restricted to 16’ for islands and management approval for in-lines. Additional details about this will be included in the Freeman Exhibitor Service Kit which will be posted in your Company Ready Room in February 2017.
Please exercise good judgment in the design and planning of your exhibit space and demonstrate consideration for other exhibiting companies who will be occupying adjacent space. Please contact the Society if you have questions or concerns regarding special booth design and/or construction.
All exhibitors must adhere to the following policies:
- Exhibits must not obstruct the view or in any way interfere with neighboring exhibits or impede movement of attendees.
- Exhibitors must keep their booth space litter-free and following installation all cartons, crates and packing materials must be removed from the floor.
- Excessive audio/visual devices, sound effects and offensive displays or odors are prohibited.
- Unauthorized demonstration of a company’s product or the distribution of advertising or printed material by a non-registered exhibitor is prohibited.
- Canvassing of attendees and meeting registrants in any part of the physical space utilized by the Society is prohibited.
- Affixing The American Society of Breast Surgeons name or logo to, incorporating them in, or otherwise making them a part of any exhibitor distributed materials without prior written approval from The American Society of Breast Surgeons is prohibited.
- The playing or performing of copyrighted recorded or live music during the published event hours is prohibited.
- Distribution of coupons or vouchers for meals, entertainment, or personal services to meeting attendees is prohibited.
- The distribution of alcoholic beverages in the exhibit booths is prohibited.
- Games or contests of chance are prohibited (see Giveaways for more information).
- Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of The American Society of Breast Surgeons abstracts is prohibited.
- All booth activities and queuing must be contained in the exhibitor’s booth.
Exhibitors not adhering to the above policies are subject to priority point deduction and/or expulsion from the meeting without recourse and are not entitled to any refund of fees.
Booth Set-Up HoursWednesday, April 26: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (full day set up is contingent upon space availability this year)
Thursday, April 27: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
All exhibits must be set-up by Thursday, April 27, at 5:00 pm.
Failure to occupy space
Any space not occupied by Thursday, April 27, at 4:00 pm will be forfeited by the exhibitor, and this space may be reassigned or used by The American Society of Breast Surgeons without refund, unless arrangements for delayed occupancy has received prior approval by the Society.
Exhibit Hall Hours (hours are subject to change):Please note hours are subject to change. Exhibitors are allowed to enter the Exhibit Hall 1 hour prior to its opening. As a courtesy to attendees and fellow exhibitors, please open your exhibits on time and staff them throughout the meeting until the scheduled closing on Saturday, April 29 at 4:00 pm.
Thursday, April 27
Opening Reception in Exhibit Hall: 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Friday, April 28
Exhibit Hall Hours: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Breaks in Exhibit Hall: 9:00 am – 9:30 am and 3:15 pm – 3:45 pm
Lunch in Exhibit Hall: 11:45 am – 1:00 pm
Exhibitor Forum: 2:30 pm (location TBD)
Saturday, April 29
Exhibit Hall Hours: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Breaks in Exhibit Hall: 9:30 am – 10:00 am and 3:15 pm – 3:45 pm
Lunch in Exhibit Hall: 11:45 pm – 1:30 pm
The exhibit hall closes at 4:00 pm. All exhibits must remain in place until the hall officially closes at 4:00 pm, Saturday, April 29. All exhibits must be completely removed from the hall by 10:00 pm with carrier check in no later than 8:00 pm.The Society is not responsible for any material left by the exhibiting company.
Booth Tear DownSaturday, April 29: 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm, with carrier check in no later than 8:00 pm.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies are expected to comply with PhRMA exhibit guidelines. Manufacturers of medical devices and makers of medical equipment, software, supplies, technology, etc. are expected to comply with AdvaMed exhibit guidelines. All premiums and giveaways must be approved by The American Society of Breast Surgeons in advance. Any exhibitors found distributing materials that have not been approved will be required to cease distribution immediately. The American Society of Breast Surgeons will not accept on-site requests for giveaway approvals.
For more information on PhRMA’s Code of Interactions with Health Care Professionals, please click here: http://www.phrma.org/sites/default/files/pdf/phrma_marketing_code_2008.pdf
For more information on AdvaMed’s Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals, please click here: http://advamed.org/res.download/112
Exhibit Personnel and BadgesAnyone working in your booth is required to have an official badge from the Society. Please submit all requests, changes, and additions for your booth personnel online through your Company Ready Room by April 11. Do not email names or changes to the Society. Exhibitor badges are not transferable and must carry only the name of the person and company confirmed as an official exhibitor at this meeting. Please note changes and additions to badge lists must be made by the deadline date of April 11. After April 11, all badge additions or changes must be handled at the on-site Exhibitor Registration desk. A $50.00 fee will be charged for each badge made on-site. Badges must be picked up at the Exhibitor Registration desk by the exhibiting company’s on-site representative; it is the responsibility of the on-site representative to distribute the badges to all of their company staff. Please remember that a $50.00 fee will be charged for each badge made on-site. Installing/dismantling staff, whose names should be submitted to the Society in advance, must come to the exhibitor registration desk to pick up a temporary badge.
On–Site RepresentativeAn on-site representative is required for your company. The on-site representative is responsible for the pickup and distribution of badges and materials to company members and will also have the opportunity to address changes, cancellations, etc., with the Society staff at the exhibitor registration desk. Please be sure to complete the contact information for your on-site representative on the exhibit badge request form. Registration hours will be posted at a later date.
Exhibitors Admission to the General Session and Social EventsCompany representatives may not engage in sales activities while in the room where an educational activity takes place. All exhibitors and attendees are invited to attend the Opening Reception on Thursday, April 27. Exhibitors may purchase registration for their technical/scientific staff for the general session programs on a space available basis. Please contact the Society office for more information. Exhibitors have access to 2017 educational sessions as follows:
General SessionAn exhibitor with an official exhibitor badge may sit in on the general session on Thursday afternoon, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, space permitting. However, we ask that exhibitors remain in the rear of the room to ensure that our registrants have priority seating.
Pre-Meeting Courses and Breakfast WorkshopsExhibitors may purchase a registration for non-workshop or non-demonstration pre-meeting courses in which space is available (i.e. Breast Practice Management Survival Kit 101 and Building a Breast Cancer Survivorship Program.)Exhibitors are prohibited from attending any pre-meeting courses with a workshop or demonstration (i.e., Advanced Imaging, Stereotactic, Emerging Technologies, Oncoplastics, and Breast Ultrasound). Exhibitors are also prohibited from attending sunrise breakfast workshops.
Exhibitor Sponsored Private FunctionsThe Society allows exhibitor-sponsored private functions only at specific times during the annual meeting and may not take place during official Society events. Please note that all events, including small dinners, planning meetings, etc., must be scheduled through the Society using the Reservation for Function Space Form to arrange any private functions or company meeting. Any questions regarding function space should be directed to the Society’s meetings department. Prior written approval by The American Society of Breast Surgeons is required for any meeting or event that is scheduled in conjunction with the 18th Annual Meeting. Do not contact the hotel directly to schedule a meeting, dinner, social or hospitality event.
Exhibitors sponsoring any type of private function are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Vendors must inform the Society of all planned social and hospitality functions and may ONLY be scheduled during times that do not interfere with official Society events and activities and must be pre-approved by the Society.
- All functions must be booked through the Society using the Request for Function Space Form and include a description of the function, the location, if not in hotel, and type of activity planned. Please do not contact the hotel directly.
- Once the event is approved, vendors can proceed with planning. All functions should be handled on an invitation-only basis and host companies must make it clear to their guests that the event is not an official Society event.
- Host companies agree to assume all liability, arising out of or in conjunction with such functions and agree to indemnify the American Society of Breast Surgeons against any and all liability and claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the foregoing undertakings and responsibilities of the exhibitor.
- Hospitality functions within the hotel may only be advertised via the hotel activities board and must be cleared through the Society.
- The following hours are available for exhibitor-sponsored events:
- Tuesday, April 25 from 7:00am to 4:00pm
- Wednesday, April 26 after 7:30 pm
- Thursday, April 27 after 9:00 pm
- Friday, April 28 after 8:30 pm (following vendor symposia)
- Saturday, April 29 after 7:00 pm
- Sunday, April 30 after 11:00 am
Support Opportunities and Satellite SymposiaMany support opportunities are available to companies that would like to make a greater impact on attendees. Please refer to the separate support opportunity sheet included in this packet or contact the Society’s meeting department.
Complimentary Mailing ListsAll exhibitors will be sent one complimentary list of pre- and post-meeting registrants (Name, City and State only.) Additionally, exhibitors are entitled to receive one complimentary set of pre- and post-meeting registration labels. Before the labels can be sent, exhibitors must read and agree to the mail list policy in the Company Ready Room and upload a copy of the promotional piece to the Society for review and approval. *Please note none of the lists include email addresses.
- Pre-registered attendee label requests: Promotional piecesmust be uploaded by March 30. Lists and Labels will be sent by April 6. (Pre-registered attendee labels will not be available after this date.)
- Post-meeting attendee label requests: Promotional pieces must be received by May 11. Lists and Labels will be sent out by May 20. (Post-meeting attendee labels will not be available after this date.)
Exhibitor ForumRepresentatives from each exhibiting company are invited to attend the exhibitor forum. The forum is designed to give exhibitors an opportunity to meet with the members of the Society’s Corporate Relations Committee to discuss ways to improve the annual meeting from the exhibitors’ perspective. The 2017 Exhibitor Forum will be held on Friday, April 28 at 2:30pm (location TBD).
Exhibitor housing will open in January 2017. A link to the reservation site will be sent to you to you once your application is approved. You must book your room(s) through Atlas Travel Meetings & Incentives (ATMI), the official housing bureau of the Society, by using the link that will be provided. Please contact Laura Lage, ASBrS2017@atlastravel.com, 800-553-5995 (phone), 508-449-3090 (phone outside of the US) for more information.
In an effort to ensure an equal opportunity for all exhibitors to obtain hotel rooms, The American Society of Breast Surgeons has adopted the following exhibitor housing policy:
- Hotel reservations will only be accepted from Society-approved exhibiting companies.
- Exhibitor housing will open in January 2017 and a link will be sent to you to make your hotel reservations after your application is approved.
- Exhibiting companies must book all rooms within the official housing block and reservations mustbe made through the Society’s housing bureau, Atlas Meetings & Incentives. Contact: Laura Lage, ASBrS2017@atlastravel.com, 800-553-5995 (phone), 508-449-3090 (phone outside of the US). Please do not try to book your rooms directly with the hotel.
- A deposit of one night’s room and tax will be charged to the credit card supplied for each room reservation.
- All reservation requests must be received no later than 5:00 pm EST on March 17, 2017; however, it should be understood that all room blocks are subject to selling out before that deadline. While the Society will attempt to meet requests received after that date or after the room blocks are filled, those reservations will be subject to rate and space availability.
- Exhibitor attendee reservation confirmations will be sent approximately two weeks prior to arrival date
- Any exhibitor circumventing the above policy will be considered in breach of this policy.
It is critical that the Society fulfill their commitment to the hotel by honoring the contracted hotel blocks. Hotel blocks are based on the show’s history. We rely on a solid sleeping room pick-up to acquire the exhibit space we need in future meeting hotels, and to provide the complimentary amenities our exhibitors have grown accustomed to receiving. Therefore, not to be punitive, but to continue to provide the services we have in the past, exhibitors who reserve sleeping rooms outside the ASBrS housing block will be penalized by, but not limited to: 1) a reduction of current priority points and/or forfeiture of future priority points; 2) a per badge charge of $50 for each exhibitor badges; and/or 3) booth space rental fees increase.
This policy has been adapted to:
- Ensure that the Society’s exhibitors have affordable accommodations at the current meeting, as well as future ones.
- Protect the Society’s contractual obligations to the hotels, which are established well in advance of the meeting and holds the Society liable for attrition penalties due to unfilled rooms. (Unfilled rooms include un-booked rooms, as well as early departures; therefore, exhibitor should reserve only the number of rooms/room nights needed for the actual time they expect to stay.)
2017 Cancellations & Penalties
- The hotel reservation cut-off date is 5:00 pm EST on March 17, 2017. You may cancel your reservation up until this date without penalty. ASBrS will submit the rooming list and credit card information to the hotel at this time.
- All reservations canceled after 5:00 pm EST on March 17, 2017, but before 5:00 pm EST on April 8, 2017 ,will incur a penalty equal to 1 night’s room and tax.
- Any reservation canceled or length of stay shortened after 5:00 pm EST on April 8, 2017, will be charged for the full value of their reservation.
- Prior to the cut-off date, name and date changes can be made by accessing your reservation through the housing website. After April 8, all reservation changes or cancellations must be made by email to ATMI (email: ASBrS2017@atlastravel.com) and you must receive a confirmation of this change/cancellation. If applicable, stated cancellation penalties will be assessed by the hotel.
- A no-show (not checking in to the hotel on the reserved date) will cancel the reservation and full penalties will apply.
- Any rooms blocked and not used, including no-shows and early departures will obligate you for the full room night and tax cost of the entire length of the stay. This penalty will be calculated according to the number of nights reserved as of 5:00 pm EST on April 8, 2017.
- Hotels, at their discretion, may charge an additional penalty for early departures and late cancellations.
SecurityThe American Society of Breast Surgeons will provide overall security guard service for the duration of the meeting but it is the sole responsibility of each exhibitor to secure the exhibit, its contents, and all personal belongings. Exhibitors are to use precautions to ensure safety and prevention of loss or damage to the exhibitor’s property. The exhibit area will be locked by hotel security and access to the area will be permitted only during the scheduled exhibiting hours.
Official Service ContractorThe official service contractor for the meeting is The Freeman Company. Freeman will e-mail Society assigned exhibiting companies a service kit in February 2017. A copy of the Exhibitor Service Kit will be posted in your Company Ready Room as soon as it is available.
Using Outside ContractorAn exhibitor using an outside contractor for the installation and/or dismantling of their exhibit must notify the Society in writing by April 10, 2017. Please provide the name of outside contractor, including supervisory personnel, plus all of the terms of the agreement that have been provided to the outside contractor. There will not be a form in the Exhibitor Service Kit for this—just use your own.
Resolution of DisputesIn the event of a dispute or disagreement between an exhibitor and the official decorator, or between an exhibitor and a labor union or labor union representative, or between two or more exhibitors, all interpretations of the rules governing the exhibition, actions, and decisions concerning the dispute or disagreement by The American Society of Breast Surgeons shall be binding on the exhibitor.
RegulationsCompliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act is the responsibility of each exhibitor. All exhibits must conform to the fire laws, health regulations, electrical codes, Fire Department Codes and other ordinances of the state of Texas and city of Dallas. Use or storage of flammable liquids, gasses or solids is forbidden. All cylinders containing oxygen or medical gas must be secured and in an upright position. Any exhibits or parts thereof found not to be fireproof may be ordered dismantled at the exhibitor’s cost and risk.
Exhibits must conform to the contracted space set by the Society and must conform to all regulations and safety codes of the hotel. The exhibitor is responsible for carrying insurance deemed necessary to comply with its obligations and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless The American Society of Breast Surgeons.
Emergencies, Strikes, Embargoes, other Occurrences beyond the Society’s ControlThe American Society of Breast Surgeons will not be responsible for any delays, damage, loss, increased costs, or other unfavorable conditions beyond its control. In the event that the premises in which the Exhibition is conducted have or shall become, at the sole determination of The American Society of Breast Surgeons, unfit for occupancy, or are substantially interfered with any cause or causes not reasonably within control of The American Society of Breast Surgeons, the exhibitor agreement and regulations may be terminated by The American Society of Breast Surgeons.
The exhibitor shall not be liable to The American Society of Breast Surgeons indemnities for any loss or damage resulting from the perils of fire, lighting, windstorm, cyclone, tornado, hail, riot attending a strike, terrorism, disease outbreak, civil commotion, smoke, motor vehicle damage, or aircraft damage. The exhibitor may not hold The American Society of Breast Surgeons indemnities liable for losses associated with such incidents. The exhibitor must carry its own insurance in amounts adequate to cover such conditions and other acts of God.
GeneralAll matters and questions not covered by these regulations are at the discretion of The American Society of Breast Surgeons exhibit management. These regulations may be amended at any time by exhibit management, and upon publication all amendments shall be equally binding on all parties affected by them.
Additional information about the 18th Annual Meeting, including a Preliminary Program, will be posted on the Society’s website, www.breastsurgeons.org. Any updates or modifications to the program and exhibitor information will be posted as necessary.
Marti Boyer - Manager, Meetings and Development; firstname.lastname@example.org
The American Society of Breast Surgeons
Old Columbia Road, Suite 100
Columbia, Maryland 21046
410-381-9500 (phone); 410-381-9512 (Fax); Website: www.breastsurgeons.org
Create an account to get started.