Welcome to the
American Society of Breast Surgeons
The American Society of Breast Surgeons, the primary leadership organization for general surgeons who treat patients with breast disease, is committed to continually improving the practice of breast surgery by serving as an advocate for surgeons who seek excellence in the care of breast patients. This mission is accomplished by providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and by promoting education, research, and the development of advanced surgical techniques.
Member Directory - Find a member
Mastery of Breast Surgery Program Registered Participants: Sign in Here
Nipple Sparing Mastectomy Registry
Click Here for Information
Our Foundation - Visit our Foundation web site for more information.
- ASBrS Member Shelley Hwang, MD Named One of TIME's 100 Most Influential People
Society member Shelley Hwang, MD of the Duke Cancer Institute has been named one of TIME's 100 most influential people for 2016. The Society congratulates Dr. Hwang on this honor and on her continued commitment to helping identify the least invasive and most effective treatments for breast cancer patients.
- 2016 ACS/ASBrS Health Policy Scholarship Winner Announced
Dr. Alyssa Throckmorton, of Memphis, TN is the winner of this year's Health Policy and Management Scholarship. The annual scholarship is provided by American College of Surgeons and The American Society of Breast Surgeons to support the recipient's attendance and participation in the Executive Leadership Program in Health Policy and Management at Brandeis University. The course will be held June 12-June 18, 2016. Congratulations, Dr. Throckmorton!
- Dr. Sheldon Feldman Installed as the Society's 20th President
Sheldon Feldman, MD, FACS of New York began his term as the Society's President on April 15. - For more details, click here.
- New Board Members Announced
Following approval of their nominations at the Society's 2016 business meeting, four members began their terms in new leadership positions on the Society's board of directors.
President: Sheldon Feldman, MD
President-Elect: Steven Chen, MD
Members-at-Large: Susan Boolbol, MD and Nathalie Johnson, MD
The meeting was held Friday, April 15 in Dallas, TX in conjunction with the Society's 17th Annual Meeting at the Hilton Anatole.
- Awards Presented to 3 Researchers at Dallas Meeting Awards were presented on April 16 at the 17th Annual Meeting of The American Society of Breast Surgeons for outstanding Scientific Session presentations. - For more details, click here.
- ASBrS Meeting Attendees: How to Complete Your Course/Session Post-Tests and Evaluations
To earn CME and MOC part 2 assessment credits, log in to your user account. Once you have logged in, click on the Annual Meeting tab and select "Evaluations, Pre-& Post-tests." - For more details, click here.
- 2016 ASBrS/Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism in Medicine Award Presented in Dallas Dr. Rogsbert Phillips-Reed, head of Metro Surgical Associates located in Atlanta and Lithonia, GA, was selected as the second recipient of the ASBrS/Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism in Medicine Award. - For more details, click here.
- Society & ASBrS Foundation Launch Patient Website Breast360.org
The American Society of Breast Surgeons & The American Society of Breast Surgeons Foundation are pleased to announce the launch of their patient website, breast360.org. Breast360.org's goal is to engage, educate and empower its visitors so that they will be better able to make informed decisions for their breast health care. (Information provided on breast360.org is not meant to replace a medical provider's treatment or advice.) - For more details, click here.
- Society Releases Revised Consensus Statement on Screening Mammography
The American Society of Breast Surgeons, the leading organization for surgeons who treat breast disease, is pleased to release a revised Consensus Statement on Screening Mammography which outlines mammogram screening guidelines for asymptomatic women. This statement will replace the Society's 2011 Position Statement on Screening Mammography. Click here to view the revised statement.
- American College of Radiology (ACR) Accepts ASBrS Ultrasound Certification - For more details, click here.
Interested in Applying for Membership?