Welcome to the
American Society of Breast Surgeons
The American Society of Breast Surgeons, the primary leadership organization for general surgeons who treat patients with breast disease, is committed to continually improving the practice of breast surgery by serving as an advocate for surgeons who seek excellence in the care of breast patients. This mission is accomplished by providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and by promoting education, research, and the development of advanced surgical techniques.
Member Directory - Find a member
Mastery of Breast Surgery Program Registered Participants: Sign in Here
Nipple Sparing Mastectomy Registry
Click Here for Information
Our Foundation - Visit our Foundation web site for more information.
- ACS/ASBrS 2016 Health Policy Scholarship
The American College of Surgeons and the American Society of Breast Surgeons are offering an annual scholarship to subsidize attendance and participation in the Executive Leadership Program in Health Policy and Management at Brandeis University. The course takes place June 12-18, 2016. The award is in the amount of $8,000, to be used toward the cost of tuition, travel, housing, and subsistence during the period of the course. Applicants must be at least 30 years old, but under 60, on the date that the completed application is filed.
The deadline for receipt of all application materials is February 1, 2016. We anticipate that applicants will be notified of the outcome of the selection committee's decision by March 31, 2016. Eligibility requirements and additional details are available in the 2016 Scholarship Brochure.
- Society & ASBrS Foundation Launch Patient Website Breast360.org
The American Society of Breast Surgeons & The American Society of Breast Surgeons Foundation are pleased to announce the launch of their patient website, breast360.org. Breast360.org's goal is to engage, educate and empower its visitors so that they will be better able to make informed decisions for their breast health care. (Information provided on breast360.org is not meant to replace a medical provider's treatment or advice.) - For more details, click here.
- Society Releases Revised Consensus Statement on Screening Mammography
The American Society of Breast Surgeons, the leading organization for surgeons who treat breast disease, is pleased to release a revised Consensus Statement on Screening Mammography which outlines mammogram screening guidelines for asymptomatic women. This statement will replace the Society's 2011 Position Statement on Screening Mammography. Click here to view the revised statement.
- "How I Do It" video submission for the Society's 2016 annual meeting is open. All "How I Do It" videos must be submitted by December 3, 2015. Questions regarding the submission process should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit a video, please consult the "How I Do It" Video Submission Guidelines.
- ASBrS member Anees Chagpar, MD, MPH was the lead author of a potentially practice changing study recently released in The New England Journal of Medicine. The study titled A Randomized, Controlled trial of Cavity Shave Margins in Breast Cancer concluded that cavity shaving reduced re-excision lumpectomy rates. Click here to view the article.
- American College of Radiology (ACR) Accepts ASBrS Ultrasound Certification - For more details, click here.
Interested in Applying for Membership?