Certification & Accreditation
- The Society offers certification to individual surgeons in breast ultrasound and in stereotactic breast procedures. In addition, facilities can be accredited by the Society in breast ultrasound and in stereotactic breast procedures.
- Study submission forms and links to information on additional registries and clinical trials, as well as resources designed to assist surgeons interested in participating in such efforts.
- Information on the breast fellowship training programs co-sponsored by The American Society of Breast Surgeons, Society of Surgical Oncology, and The American Society of Breast Disease.
- Browse resources posted by fellow members such as patient registration, medical history and consent forms; patient instructions, procedural notes etc.
Mastery of Breast Surgery Program Participation
- Document your clinical performance of breast procedures as well as your care of breast cancer patients and patients at risk for breast cancer.
- Participate in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS).
- Fulfill the requirements for American Board of Surgery Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part 4 (ongoing participation in a national, regional, or local surgical outcomes database or quality assessment program).
- Access the "Selected Readings in Breast Surgery" online CME program to help fulfill the requirements for American Board of Surgery Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part 2 (self-assessment).
- Join "The Forum"- A threaded message board to post your own discussion questions, suggestions and comments and read those posted by fellow members.