Mastery of Breast Surgery℠ Program
2017 MIPS PARTICIPATION
THROUGH THE MASTERY OF BREAST SURGERY PROGRAM
The Society's Mastery of Breast Surgery Program anticipates continuing as a Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) for the 2017 reporting year. The program will allow participants to meet requirements for the Quality component of the Merit Based Incentive Program (MIPS) which replaces the Physician Quality Reporting System. A QCDR is a CMS-approved entity that collects medical and/or clinical data for the purpose of patient and disease tracking to foster improvement in the quality of care provided to patients.
Criteria for 2017 QCDR Reporting through the Mastery Program
The Society offers quality measure reporting for the full year reporting period. Participants may report at least 6 measures covering 3 National Quality Strategy (NQS) domains (including 1 outcome measure ) for at least 50% of the EP’s applicable patients (all patients not just Medicare) seen during the 2017 participation period. Notwithstanding the foregoing, participation in the Mastery of Breast Surgery Program’s QCDR requires reporting on each measure for all patients to which the measure applies.
For 2017, the Society's QCDR is awaiting CMS approval to report on the following MIPS and non-MIPS (Society endorsed) measures:
- MIPS Measure #262: Image Confirmation of Successful Excision of Image-Localized Breast Lesion
- MIPS Measure #263: Preoperative Diagnosis of Breast Cancer
- MIPS Measure #264: Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy for Invasive Breast Cancer
Non-MIPS (Society endorsed) measures:
- Surgeon Assessment for Hereditary Cause of Breast Cancer
- Surgical Site Infection and Cellulitis After Breast and/or Axillary Surgery (outcome measure)
- Unplanned 30 Day Re-operation After Mastectomy (outcome measure)
- Management of the Axilla in Breast Cancer Patients Undergoing Breast Conserving Surgery With a Positive Sentinel Node Biopsy
Participation in the Mastery of Breast Surgery℠ program’s 2017 QCDR is offered to surgeons who are members of the American Society of Breast Surgeons and will require a $100 non-refundable fee at the time of confirmation form submission. 2017 Registration deadline: August 1, 2017. QCDR registration is available in the My Account page of the Mastery website under "Level of Participation." To register for the Mastery Program click here.
- Physicians who are part of groups that register on the CMS website under the Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO) in 2017 cannot participate through the Society’s QCDR.
- The Society’s QCDR does not support the EHR incentive program.