2021 Call for “How I Do It” Videos
“A picture is worth a thousand words.” Certainly, for surgeons a video can often educate better than other formats. The American Society of Breast Surgeons (ASBrS) is again inviting you to submit a video showing your colleagues your tricks of the trade. Your video can be used to demonstrate how you perform a novel procedure, provide tips or tricks you use on a standard procedure, or show an approach you take to a clinical problem.
Videos will be peer-reviewed by the Society’s Online Video Library Committee, who will select the best submissions, based on procedure, quality of technique and video, and interest to the Society membership, for presentation. During that session, the video will be played muted and the presenter will be expected to narrate. The authors of videos selected for presentation must be available to present their videos at the 21st Annual Meeting of The American Society of Breast Surgeons held on April 28–May 2, 2020, at the Marriott World Center, Orlando, FL.
Please email any questions regarding the submission process to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877‑992‑5470 (M–F 8:30 am–5:00 pm et).
Click Here to submit a video.
Requirements for Video Submission
- Videos must be submitted through our online submission portal no later than 3:00 pm et, Jan 4, 2021.
- Videos should be 5-6 minutes in length.
- Standard video file formats must be used, for example, MP4 file with the largest frame size (usually 1920x1080)
- Recommended file size is 300-600 MB. Upload speed will depend on the speed of your network.
- Videos should be high-quality and professionally edited.
- A professional online video editing service is available to members, if needed. Contact the society for more information.
- Videos should include narration in English for the review process.
- Viewers should be oriented to the anatomy in the video.
- No music should be included in the video.
- Do not use copyrighted images.
- Vendor branding should be minimized wherever possible. Use generic names instead of brand names in your narration.
- Video consent forms will be required from surgeons and patients featured in each video. If you would like your video to be also considered for the Online Video Library, make sure to include the Society's Photograph and Video Consent and Release Form, found here: Word Doc.
- Include a slide with your disclosure statement at the beginning of your presentation.
- Inclusion of a PowerPoint slide at the beginning and/or the end of your video that outlines the procedure, indication for the procedure, and goals of the video is encouraged.
- The designated presenter of a video selected for presentation at the annual meeting must register for the ASBrS Annual Meeting and be in attendance for presentation and discussion.
Please Note: Video submissions are not eligible for awards.