The American Society of Breast Surgeons' committees are responsible for developing and maintaining the programs that support the Society's mission.
- Committees with vacancies to fill are announced in the fall through our e-news-bulletins. If opportunities become available at other times throughout the year members will be notified at that time. Applications will only be accepted during our volunteer enrollment periods.
- The “Call for Volunteers” announcement will outline the specific skills/expertise the committee is looking for, meeting attendance requirements, etc.
- Interested volunteers may access the complete list of committees available on our website.
- All applicants must be a member in good standing.
- The selection of new members is generally made in January-February by the committee chairs and approved by the society president before the official term starts at the annual meeting.
- Most committee members serve from April to April. The dates correspond with our annual meeting. Working group terms and special project group terms may vary.
- Members serve for a term of two years and can serve up to three two-year terms. Chairs serve for a term of three years and can serve up to two three-year terms.
- All members may sit on committees, but only Active Members may vote or hold office. Patient Advocate members may sit on committees by invitation only from the committee chair.
- Committee duties will vary by committee. Volunteers are requested to commit to a few teleconferences per year and/or in person meetings as determined by the committee (dependent on committee projects, etc.) and to actively participate as a committee member.
For questions regarding the Call for Volunteers
Telephone: 410-381-9500 or 877-992-5470 (M – F 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM ET)