Looking for the Virtual Education Series?
Visit the Virtual Education Series' Event Access & Calendar web page, which also serves as the access point for attendees' CME Portal.
Online Video Library Submission
We are now soliciting videos and invite you to submit your video to showcase your talents. Videos on our priority video list will receive extra attention.
To facilitate video recording and production, the ASBS has acquired several head-mounted Sony video cameras that can be provided to you on a short-term loan to record your procedure. You may use our own video recorder. ASBrS media consent forms can also be provided upon request.
The ASBrS has also contracted with GIBLIB to help you edit your video. All you have to do is upload your full length video to GIBLIB’s online portal, indicate to them where edits or captions should be made, and they will do the rest. After GIBLIB completes the edits, you will be able to re-visit their portal, confirm the edits, and record a voiceover or provide one in written form. Simple as that!
Please email any questions regarding the submission process to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877‑992‑5470 (M-F 8:30 am–5:00 pm et).
Requirements for Video Submission
- To coordinate your submission contact Paul Bunn at email@example.com.
- If needed, video recording equipment may be provided to you on loan by the ASBrS for recording of videos.
- Videos should be 5-6 minutes in length.
- Standard video file formats must be used, for example, MP4 file with the largest frame size (usually 1920x1080).
- Recommended file size is 300-600 MB. Upload speed will depend on the speed of your network.
- Videos should be high-quality and professionally edited.
- Professional video editing support and loaner, head-mounted video cameras are available to members to facilitate video production.
- Videos should include narration in English for the review process.
- Viewers should be oriented to the anatomy in the video.
- No music should be included in the video.
- Do not use copyrighted images.
- Vendor branding should be minimized wherever possible. Use generic names instead of brand names in your narration.
- Video consent forms are required from surgeons and patients featured in each video, and these forms must be submitted along with the video to the Society. Download the Society's Photograph and Video Consent and Release Form (Word Doc).
- Include a slide with your disclosure statement at the beginning of your presentation.
- Inclusion of a PowerPoint slide at the beginning and/or the end of your video that outlines the procedure, indication for the procedure, and goals of the video is encouraged.
Industry-Supported Procedural Videos
The American Society of Breast Surgeons (ASBrS) is pleased to offer Industry-Supported Procedural Videos to the breast surgery community. Videos are sponsored and funded by an outside organization, independently organized and offered, and have been made possible through marketing support.
Have an instructional or procedural video you would like to submit?
Please contact Jane Conway at firstname.lastname@example.org.