All surveys and research proposals must be reviewed by the Society’s Research Committee and approved by the Board of Directors. Survey proposals are reviewed by the Research Committee twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. The submission deadline for the next review is October 1, 2019. Please note that the typical response rate is less than 30%. All other research proposals will be reviewed by the Research Committee as time permits.
Please return a completed submission form (Word Doc) along with a copy of your abstract and survey or proposal to the Society Office. We also require a non-refundable $50 application fee (Word Doc). If your survey is approved, a $500 survey distribution fee will be collected prior to sending your survey.
For further information, contact us.
Overall Guidelines for Survey and Research Proposals:
- The study submission form and an abstract are required for all surveys and research proposals.
- Fees: A $50 non-refundable application fee is required upon submission.
- As a part of the review process, the submitter may be helped by the Research Committee or other members of the ASBrS leadership to improve the survey as time allows.
- The data will be the property of the ASBrS but will be transmitted to the requesting member who will have 1 year to analyze the information and prepare any publications. A courtesy copy of your manuscript submission to a peer reviewed journal is required.
- Results from the survey or research proposal must be submitted to the research committee. If the data will be presented and/or published, you must provide information on where it will be presented and/or published.
- After 1 year the data will become available to members of the Society for analysis and publication.
- The Research Committee or other resources of the Society may or may not be available to assist with data analysis depending on complexity and cost.
For Survey Proposals:
- The final draft of the survey must be included in your submission proposal.
- Survey validation or beta testing of the target group is required before submitting your proposal.
- Surveys will be reviewed in October and at the ASBrS annual meeting in the spring.
- Preferential treatment will be given to members of the Society and surveys will be ranked in numerical order.
- Surveys will be rolled out sequentially by ranking with no more than 1 distributed every 3 months.
- A $500 survey distribution fee must be submitted if your survey is approved.
- The survey will be distributed by the ASBrS with the ASBrS e-mail logo, and the ASBrS will collect the data. The survey e-mail, in addition to the survey itself, will be subject to approval by the Board.
For Mastery Research Proposals:
- All Mastery research proposals will be reviewed by the Research Committee as time permits.
- If submitting a research proposal that involves mining the Mastery of Breast Surgery database, members must have a Waiver of Authorization (permission to proceed with a retrospective study using de-identified patient data) from an IRB, typically that of the investigator’s home institution. Obtaining IRB authorization is the responsibility of the investigator.
- A Mastery of Breast Surgery Program Data Use Agreement is required.