Call for “How I Do It” Videos
“A picture is worth a thousand words.” Certainly, for surgeons a video can often educate better than other formats. The American Society of Breast Surgeons is again inviting you to submit a video showing your colleagues your tricks of the trade. Your video can be used to demonstrate how you perform a novel procedure, provide tips or tricks you use on a standard procedure, or show an approach you take to a clinical problem.
Videos will be peer-reviewed by the Society’s Online Video Library Committee, who will select the best submissions for presentation based on procedure, quality of technique and video, and interest to the Society membership. During the presentation session, the video will be played muted and the presenter will be expected to narrate. The authors of videos selected for presentation must be available to present their videos at the 23rd Annual Meeting: April 6–10, 2022, at the Wynn, Las Vegas, NV.
Please email any questions regarding the submission process to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877‑992‑5470 (M–F 8:30 am–5:00 pm et).
Click Here to submit a video.
Requirements for Video Submission
- Videos must be submitted through our online submission portal no later than 3:00 pm et, Jan 5, 2022.
- Videos should be 5-6 minutes in length.
- Standard video file formats must be used, for example, MP4 file with the largest frame size (usually 1920x1080)
- Recommended file size is 300-600 MB. Upload speed will depend on the speed of your network.
- Videos should be high-quality and professionally edited.
- A professional online video editing service is available to members, if needed. Contact the society for more information.
- Videos should include narration in English for the review process.
- Viewers should be oriented to the anatomy in the video.
- No music should be included in the video.
- Do not use copyrighted images.
- Vendor branding should be eliminated wherever possible. Use generic names instead of brand names in your narration.
- Video consent forms will be required from surgeons and patients featured in each video. If you would like your video to be also considered for the Online Video Library, make sure to include the Society's Photograph and Video Consent and Release Form, found here: Word Doc.
- Include a slide with your disclosure statement at the beginning of your presentation.
- Inclusion of a PowerPoint slide at the beginning and/or the end of your video that outlines the procedure, indication for the procedure, and goals of the video is encouraged.
- The designated presenter of a video selected for presentation at the annual meeting must register for the ASBrS Annual Meeting and be in attendance for presentation and discussion.
Please Note: Video submissions are not eligible for awards.
CME Clinical Content Validation
The American Society of Breast Surgeons is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Before you submit your video, please keep in mind ACCME’s Policy on Content Validation: All the recommendations involving clinical medicine in a CME activity must be based on evidence that is accepted within the profession of medicine as adequate justification for their indications and contraindications in the care of patients. All scientific research referred to, reported, or used in CME in support or justification of a patient care recommendation must conform to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection and analysis. The ASBrS cannot advocate for, or promote, practices that are not, or not yet, adequately based on current science, evidence, and clinical reasoning. The ASBrS cannot advocate for unscientific approaches to diagnosis or therapy, or recommendations, treatment, or manners of practicing healthcare that are determined to have risks or dangers that outweigh the benefits or are known to be ineffective in the treatment of patients.