“A picture is worth a thousand words.” Certainly, for surgeons a video can often educate better than other formats. ASBrS is again inviting you to submit a video showing your colleagues your tricks of the trade. Your video can be used to demonstrate how you perform a novel procedure, provide tips or tricks you use on a standard procedure, or show an approach you take to a clinical problem.
Videos will be peer-reviewed by the Society's Online Video Library Committee, who will select the best submissions for presentation based on procedure, quality of technique and video, and interest to the Society membership. During the presentation session, the video will be played without sound and the author will be expected to present in person with live narration. The author of videos selected for presentation must be available to present their videos at the 25th Annual Meeting: April 10–14, 2024, at the Orlando Marriott World Center, Orlando, FL.
Requirements for Video Submission
- Videos must be submitted through our online submission portal no later than 3:00 pm et, Nov 29, 2023.
- Videos should be 5–6 minutes in length.
- Standard video file formats must be used, for example, MP4 file with the largest frame size (usually 1920x1080).
- Recommended file size is 300-600 MB. Upload speed will depend on the speed of your network.
- Videos should be professional high-quality didactic educational style.
- Video editing assistance is available to members, if needed. Contact the Society for more information.
- Videos should include narration in English for the review process.
- Viewers should be oriented to the anatomy in the video.
- No music should be included in the video.
- Do not use copyrighted images.
- Vendor branding should be minimized wherever possible. Use generic names instead of brand names in your narration.
- Video consent forms will be required from surgeons and patients featured in each video. Make sure to include the society's consent and release form found here: Word Doc.
- The 2024 Annual Meeting Disclosure form is required with all submissions and can be found here. For more details refer to this CME Activity Disclosure Process document.
The ASBrS disclosure policy promotes balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of its educational activities through the disclosure of financial or non-financial/strategic business relationships or partnerships (relationships) and mitigation of relevant relationships. The relationships requiring disclosure are outlined in the ASBrS CME Activity Disclosure Policy.All accepted video presenters are required to disclose all financial, or non-financial/strategic, business relationships or partnerships (relationships) with any ineligible company they have had over the past 24 months. All accepted video presenters will also be subject to the disclosure review and mitigation process outlined in the 'CME Activity Disclosure Process for Financial or Non-financial/Strategic Business Relationships or Partnerships'.
- Include a slide with your disclosure statement at the beginning of your presentation.
- Inclusion of a PowerPoint slide at the beginning and/or the end of your video that outlines the procedure, indication for the procedure, and goals of the video is encouraged.
- The author of a video selected for presentation at the annual meeting must register for the ASBrS Annual Meeting and be in attendance for live narration presentation and discussion.
Please Note: video submissions are not eligible for awards. All video submissions may be posted on the Society's websites at the discretion of the Online Video Library Committee.