Call for Volunteers
About the Call for Volunteers
- Committees with vacancies to fill are announced through our annual “Call for Volunteers” in the fall. If opportunities become available at other times throughout the year, members will be notified at that time. Applications will only be accepted during our volunteer enrollment periods.
- The “Call for Volunteers” announcement will include application information and outline the specific skills/expertise the committee is looking for, meeting attendance requirements, etc.
- Interested volunteers may access the complete list of committees available on our website.
- All applicants must be a member in good standing.
- Most committee members serve from April to April. The dates correspond with the ASBrS Annual Meeting. Working group terms and special project group terms may vary.
- Members serve for a term of two years and can serve up to three two-year terms. Chairs serve for a term of three years and can serve up to two three-year terms.
- All members may sit on committees, but only Active Members may vote or hold office. Patient Advocate members may sit on committees by invitation only from the committee chair.
- Committee duties will vary by committee. Volunteers are requested to commit to a few teleconferences per year and/or in person meetings as determined by the committee (dependent on committee projects, etc.) and to actively participate as a committee member.
For questions regarding the Call for Volunteers
Telephone: 410-381-9500 or 877-992-5470 (M – F 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM ET)