23rd Annual Meeting Update
Updated: March 24, 2022
When we began planning our annual meeting last summer, we were optimistic on where our country would be as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, with the recent surge in cases due to the Omicron variant, it is apparent that the pandemic will continue to impact how we convene as a Society. We are writing to share some of our leadership’s plans for the Society’s upcoming annual meeting, which is being held at Wynn Las Vegas, from April 6-10.
Why we are moving forward with an in-person meeting:
The decision to hold the Society’s meeting in person was made thoughtfully, considering the safety of our members and their families as well as the financial implications and the desire to continue providing this important learning & networking opportunity for our members. Please know that this decision was not made lightly. The Board of Directors has had many discussions over the past several months and has weighed multiple options.
We hear and understand your concerns about meeting in person given the recent surge in COVID-19 cases due to the Omicron variant. We respect your personal decision of whether to attend in person, and we want to assure you that your safety is of primary importance to us. The Society is currently offering no-risk meeting registration and will provide a full refund to any registrant who chooses to cancel their registration for any reason.
What we are doing to minimize COVID-19 risks and keep you safe:
- All meeting attendees must be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC at the time of the meeting) and must provide verification of full COVID-19 vaccination status to attend the Society’s 2022 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas. Detailed information about the process for submitting your proof of vaccination will be provided on the conference website as our planning for the meeting continues.
- Any attendees claiming vaccination exemptions for medical and/or religious reasons must show a negative COVID test (antigen or PCR) taken within 48 hours of their arrival at the meeting.
- Boosters and self-testing are strongly recommended prior to attendance.
- There will be extra spacing in the meeting rooms for your safety and comfort.
- We ask that all attendees are respectful of these rules and each other’s space, and do not attend in-person sessions if experiencing any symptoms of COVID.
- Updated Masking Guidance: As of February 10, 2022, the state of Nevada lifted its mask mandates. While masks are no longer required at Wynn Las Vegas, ASBrS encourages attendees and guests to mask as they feel appropriate, informed by personal preference and personal level of risk.
Questions about the annual meeting and COVID-19 precautions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that our meeting venue, Wynn, Las Vegas, also has a full health and safety plan available for review by all guests. We invite you to register for #ASBRS22 today, risk-free and if your plans change, you can cancel your registration for any reason. Early registration for this year’s annual meeting ends on February 16.
We recognize that we have members who are looking forward to meeting in-person, and members who cannot or do not want to travel due to the pandemic. Rest assured that the annual meeting will still be available to you. Video presentations of the general session offering up to 20 CME credits will be made available for purchase. More information on this virtual option will be coming soon.
We appreciate your support and patience during these unprecedented times. ASBRS will continue to monitor this rapidly changing situation, and its implications, as the pandemic continues to evolve.
Be well and stay safe,
Board of Directors
The American Society of Breast Surgeons