Stereotactic Certification Exam
Online Examination Overview and Registration
Before You Register — Online exams are one step of the process to earn certification with ASBrS. Review the certification requirements before registering. There are three components to the certification process:
- Clinical Application
- Online Examination
- Practical Examination
The examination and the clinical application submission must occur within the same 2-year period. After registering for an examination, you must complete the exam within 12 months. Examination fees are nonrefundable.
Preparing for the Online Exam
Review of introductory stereotactic breast procedures materials is recommended prior to taking the exam. This material, along with practice experience, is the focus of the exam. If you attended the ASBrS-sponsored Stereotactic Course but are unable to locate your syllabus, contact us and provide the year you took the course.
Format, Scoring, and Results
- 90 minutes to complete 53 multiple choice questions
- The exam must be finished in a single sitting (no breaks or additional time).
- Before starting, applicants must agree to terms found in the Candidate Attestation.
- Access to scrap paper and a pencil is recommended.
- The passing score is 80%.
- Exam results will be provided by email approximately 2 weeks after your exam date.
- Applicants who fail the exam may re-register and pay to retake the exam as needed.
Questions or Concerns?
Technical Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stereotactic Online Examination Fee: $100*
*An additional $750 is required to complete all components for the certification application process.